At Reforge, our mission is to help experienced professionals fulfill their potential. Professional development and masters level education is a lifelong endeavor but there is a growing gap of what professionals want/need and the existing options available. We aim to redefine masters level education by providing our members:
- Highly relevant, applicable, and engaging knowledge.
- Meaningful relationships with other experienced practitioners.
- Examples, inspiration, and anecdotes from the world’s top practicing leaders.
We’ve built a community of experienced professionals from leading technology companies such as Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, Uber, HubSpot, Atlassian, and many more. Here are just a couple examples of the impact that Reforge has had for members:
“I got my MBA at Berkeley, but this program has been more transformational for me then the entire two years I spent there. Thank you!”
“Reforge is easily the highest quality professional skills program out there. If I had to choose between attending an unlimited number of industry conferences, versus going only to the Reforge, I'd choose Reforge without hesitation.”
“Reforge has easily been one of the best investments of time and money I've ever made in my professional development. I love how the course codifies what I've been doing for the last four years as VP of Marketing.”
Content isn’t just a sideshow to us, it is at the core of our business. Our goal is to build the most talented team of content professionals in the industry that will help define the future of the company. We are a profitable company led by experienced entrepreneurs such as Brian Balfour (2X venture backed founder, former VP Growth @ HubSpot) and advisors such as Andrew Chen (Uber), Noah Kagan (Sumo, Mint, Facebook) and Russell Glass (Founder of Bizo, Acq by LinkedIn).
Sr Content Developer
What This Role Will Own
As part of the Reforge mission you will own the development of new course content and exercises. This is an opportunity to learn something new every day, build relationships with industry leaders, and be at the center of an influential community.
- Doing in-depth primary and secondary research with target customers and industry experts.
- Take a comprehensive amount of information and break it down into easily understood and interesting content segments.
- Develop in depth written and visual content for a new course end to end.
- Develop engaging online/offline exercises, case studies, and workshops to reinforce the core material
- Working with a cross functional team to deliver an amazing end experience to our customers.
- Proven track record of creating high quality, comprehensive, engaging, and educational content.
- Ability to think visually by translating written content into a visual explanations.
- Ability to conduct in-depth interviews and primary user research in addition to comprehensive secondary research.
- (Bonus) Experience in teaching others either in person or online.
You Are Someone Who:
- Focuses on impact over activity.
- Is a lifelong learner interested in self development.
- Embraces the struggle of creating something new and interesting.
- Loves to spend the bulk of their time researching, writing, and creating multi-media content.
- Able to respond to feedback and iterate quickly.
- Has experience working in an early stage startup environment.
Data-Driven Content Marketer
In a crowded world of low quality and repetitive content, you know how to break through the noise with 10X content. Particularly content that involves data analysis and visualization.
Who you will be working with
We believe who you work is the most important thing. We’ll go through ups, but we’ll also go through downs and in the downs you should at least love who you work with every day. You will work closely with:
- Brian Balfour - Brian is the founder and CEO of Reforge. You would work closely with Brian to execute the content creation process and pipeline.
- Reforge Collective - The Reforge Collective is a group of top leaders from companies like Uber, Dropbox, Wealthfront, LinkedIn, Facebook, and more that participate in our programs. You would interact with them on a regular basis to figure out how to highlight them in our content presence.
- Reforge Community - You would interact regularly with participants in all of our programs to highlight their work and knowledge to the broader community and Reforge presence.
GOALS + AREAS YOU WILL OWN
- Content Experience - Content to us is more than just words on a page. It is about the entire interactive content experience.
- Monthly Active Email Subscribers - Subscribers are meaningless unless they are actively engaged. We optimize towards monthly active email subscribers. You would own the goal of increasing our monthly active subscribers.
- Social Accounts - Own the management of all social accounts across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Slideshare, and Medium
POSSIBLE ACTIVITIES TO ACHIEVE GOALS
- Create high quality, comprehensive, and analytical content
- Work with our community to source guest posts
- Identify promotion and other content distribution opportunities
- Leverage our existing distribution of 100K email subscribers
- Create highly engaging and unique emails to our subscriber base
- Experience in creating high quality, comprehensive, and analytical content
- Ability to analyze data, write about insights, put together compelling visualizations of that data.
- You know how to research, create, and optimize content to capture SEO traffic
- You know how to leverage other content platforms like Medium, LinkedIn, and Slideshare
- Email marketing experience including creating, segmenting, and optimizing for email engagement
- Resourceful when you need design and technical help