ResortPass Product Strategy
Since inception ResortPass has been operating on a quarter-to-quarter, project-based approach to product development. This means we built for what is right in front of us and very little beyond that. Everything was a V1 and we left a lot on the cutting room floor. As an earlier-stage (pre-Series B) company in default-survival mode this made a lot of sense. It stopped making sense in early 2022 and we are now behind in our approach and capabilities.
We aspire to be a best-in-class product development organization which means we should operate with the following principles:
- Work backwards from a desired, long-term vision
- Be stubborn on that vision and flexible on the details of achieving it
- Operate at the intersection of customer problems and business outcomes
- Think BIG but iterate quickly
- Have a strong bias towards learning