Product Operations Assessment and Template from Avenir Design
Improving data-driven decision making is worth investing in immediately because, when done right, it will achieve the following:
- PMs who have a clearer sense of goals and long-term priorities, allowing them to figure out near-term strategy without as much support
- Alignment between design, engineering, and product around business goals and metrics
- Decisions based on facts instead of guesswork, increasing the success rate of product launches
- Better utilization of product development team members' time as decision quality improves
- Finding critical data earlier in the development cycle, shortening time between iterations or exploration of ideas
This assessment helps us figure out where things are working today and where we need to focus our time. It also creates a baseline so we can track our progress over time.