Product Manager Take-home Exercise at Showmax
Interview Panel Plan - Product Candidates
- You have joined Showmax as a Product Manager. As one of your first areas of ownership, you’ve been asked to improve payment conversion through our signup funnel
- For this case study, please prepare a 30-60 minute presentation/plan that outlines the following:
- What are the key steps in our conversion funnel?
- What opportunities do you see to improve the conversion in our funnel for new signups to drive more total signups and payments?
- Prioritize the work based on what you think will have the highest impact for the lowest cost. No need to write requirements, just give a sense for what order you would do the work and why you selected that order
- What KPIs would you measure? What data would you seek initially
- Assume the following:
- Traffic to the landing page is constant. But you can provide other tactics to increase traffic if you think those are more important than conversion optimization (but you need to justify this)
- You can’t increase marketing spend to drive more signups through traffic increases. Ideally, your goal is to decrease marketing spend in the long run, but for now assume it’s a constant and a variable you can’t move