Product Manager Onboarding for Community Products at Facebook
Welcome! Below is a list of people, resources, and notes to help get you oriented. Please reach out to me, or anyone else on the team, if you have any questions (there is no such thing as a stupid question, especially if it's about an acronym or piece of Facebook company jargon). This will be a firehose of information for at least the next 1-2 months, so don't feel like you need to know everything right away.
Overall Progress Arc
- Get settled in
- Orient yourself to Facebook and Groups Distribution: read overall Facbeook docs (see “FB groups section)
- Reach out <name of person who’s been here a while> (PM on Groups Core) for Groups 101 presentation
- See docs below for your specific area
- Understand the Groups product backwards and forward. Join groups, participate, start a group, moderate. Figure out where the edges are between those flows and write down questions on everything that doesn’t make sense. Your mind will never be as fresh/unbiased by how we do things than it is in your first few weeks!
- Build network inside team and org