Product Development Process at Nuvocargo
At the highest level, the goal of this process is to determine if a project should be undertaken, what requirements it must fulfill to be successful, and how to learn from its launch. The output of these reviews informs the engineering, design, and go-to-market (operational, deployment, and marketing) work by clarifying what should be built and why, dramatically increasing the likelihood that the work is impactful. The engineering, design, and go-to-market work is mapped for each phase, this process serves to create a cross-functional collaboration motion that Product orchestrates but still allows for other functions to own their craft-specific deliverables (e.g. design spec, engineering architecture reviews).
- ✅ This process ensures that business and technical teams are aligned on priorities and what that looks like.
- ✅ Have formal reviews that inform the engineering and design work by clarifying what should be built and why, maximizing shared context and opportunities to collaborate.
- ✅ Design and engineering teams should collaborate using their processes and best practices.
- 📌 While the process of creating engineering and design specs is connected to the Product Development Process, separate engineering specs and design deliverables should be produced by engineering and design leadership as part of different steps of this process.
- 📌 While many projects are derived from our roadmap, it is possible that this process will present a new opportunity to replace a project already in process.