Problem Brief: Carrier Scorecard at Nuvocargo
Driver: @Isabel Oliveres
Date of the Review: 08/23/2022
- What are the problems or opportunities being addressed?
- What are the user problems/opportunities?
- Note: projects may address only one of these problem types. That's ok.
- It hamstrings our ability to deliver best-in-class service: with only anecdotal knowledge of which carriers are “good” and which ones are “bad”, shippers can have bad experiences, and we cannot hold our carriers to a consistent standard. We don’t have a holistic picture of how our carriers are performing on a per-shipper basis, which impacts our leverage in rate reviews and ability to address operational issues.
- It limits the effectiveness of our matching efforts: we don’t know what the correlation is between carrier size, price, and service quality, which prevents us from making data-driven decisions when connecting both sides of the marketplace. In turn, our matching efforts are grounded in a relationship-based lens that rewards known carriers, who may not objectively be the best carriers.
- It prevents us from enacting incentives for carriers to improve: without scoring carriers and giving them visibility into how they’re measured, we can’t use carrots/sticks to influence their behavior and reduce our cost to serve