New Product Manager Onboarding at HubSpot
What is this onboarding template?
- This template is meant to be a guide for Product Managers to help them through their first 90 days at HubSpot.
In creating this document, we talked with ~100 PMs across different teams, groups, levels, geographies, and tenures to understand what outcomes PMs need to achieve during their onboarding and how to best convey that information. We used those learnings as the foundation for this template.How to use this template?
- Treat this document as a guide that you will need to tailor for your new hire, product area, and team. Onboarding is not one size fits all, but all new PMs should be able to accomplish a common set of outcomes within 90 days.
- Create a copy of the PM onboarding template for your new team member (please don’t customize the original!). You can always find the most up-to-date template on the Product Management wiki page under Resources for Managers.
- Areas throughout the template highlighted in orange text are meant to be filled out by the manager (ex: person’s name, team name, key people, etc)
How to provide feedback?
- If you believe something is missing from this template, or that something is old / out-of-date / wrong. Please add a comment into the original document.