New Course 1-Pager: Reforge Growth Leadership
New Course 1-Pager: Growth Leadership
- Topic Brief. A summary of the user problem, target demand and target supply.
- Why build it. Evaluation of topic brief against prioritization parameters of strategic fit, demand, supply and insight quality.
- Next steps to green light. Additional actions to be taken before the course is ready for a green light review.
Growth strategy without a strong organization, processes, and goal structure often falls on it’s face. However, growth is often the mandate of the product or marketing leader, or in early stage companies, owned by the CEO. These leaders have not established or led growth teams before which leads to a few common mistakes:
- Copying other companies’ org. structures and working models. (e.g., spinning out dedicated growth team because competitors have done so, or organizing growth teams as cross-functional experimentation pods because thats how Meta does it).
- Force-fitting their functional mental models into growth work (E.g., using agile squads for cross-functional growth work; expecting growth teams to operate at the same velocity as feature dev. teams; hiring from established companies because of their reputation and experience even if skills are a mismatch)