Marketing Career Framework Guide at Buffer
How level changes happen?
You’ll receive a promotion to the next level once you display a strong, consistent record of meeting the expectations for that level. See the table at the bottom of this for specifics about what each new level entails.
Specifically, when it comes to level changes:
- Level changes can happen at any time.
- To ensure that we're regularly thinking about and talking about these promotions, there are four calibration events that happen quarterly throughout the year across all Buffer teams. These are intended to be moments to reflect and think holistically about how team members are developing and progressing.
- In addition to the promotion conversation between the manager and teammate, there is an additional advice-seeking component from peers. The peer review is relatively straightforward: For those who are nearing a promotion, the manager will check in with the people who work closest to that teammate and ask for examples of that teammate's work that match to the new level they are hoping to attain
- Level changes require approval and processing from Kevan and the People & Finance team.
- When they're complete, we'll celebrate them in the Recognition & Praise Space of Threads!