India Market Brief at Pinterest
- India hosts one of the largest and youngest populations in the world with 1.4b people
- Mobile internet access continues to explode, fueled by Jio with >1b mobile users
- Venture investment hit a peak of $20b to India startups in 2022
- New social media laws may change indemnity and require a local entity for operation.
- India hosts one of the largest and youngest populations in the world. The current population is 1.4b and counting. Demographically nearly 650m people (almost half of the population) are under 25, making it one of the youngest countries on the planet.
- Understanding regions and languages is critical for content creation and distribution. India is broken up politically and linguistically into many regions. As examples: Hindi (528m speakers), Bengali (97m), Marathi (83m), Telugu (81m), Tamil (69m).