Holy Trinity of Dev Team Planning at Fractal
Three things to focus on when attempting to level up how your company approaches planning/roadmapping.
It’s important to avoid boiling the ocean as you start your journey of building a company from scratch. Thinking only in big, long-term goals will make planning difficult and overwhelm your team.
Instead try to break everything down into smaller chunks of work. It can be tempting to think in terms of goals like We need an invoicing module but breaking that module down can make the goal easier to navigate. For example, perhaps the invoicing module needs the following.
- Display a web-version of the invoice
- Allow for printable PDF versions of the invoice
- Send email notifications when invoice is billed
- Send email notifications when invoice is overdue
- Allow users to customize the sales tax logic
- Account for discounts at the time of purchase