Director of Growth Job Description at MailChimp
MailChimp is the world's largest email marketing and advertising platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, advertising, automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We’re looking for a Director of Growth to join the Product Management team to build out and lead cross-functional Growth teams tasked with driving user engagement, conversion and retention. This role will develop the strategy for engagement, conversion and retention across the entire customer experience by deploying a process of continual analysis and rapid experimentation and will be responsible for implementing winning results. The Director of Growth will also be responsible for driving and enabling experimentation across the entire organization by educating, training and serving as a subject matter expert. The ideal candidate will have experience in growth and optimization that spans across marketing and product domains and be a leader who’s able to effectively build relationships to work across departments and disciplines.
- Lead efforts to build a strong data-driven and experimentation-oriented culture through storytelling with data, kick-starting the growth initiative
- Design and execute a growth strategy to drive MailChimp toward its paid user goal including building a retention strategy through a deep understanding of MailChimp’s segments and cohorts
- Build an integrated customer onboarding program that includes triggered lifecycle marketing initiatives (i.e.- triggered email program, notifications, in app messaging)
- Dissect and analyze the current onboarding experience
- Propose, design and launch A/B tests that drive engagement, conversion and retention
- Coordinate with research and design to collect user feedback to create best-in-class user experiences