CEO Report to Board at Flipside Crypto
August 2021 BOD Meeting
- “Winning [Exec Name]”. Whole team, board and investor group came together to win this one. Was a game of tennis at the end (play really well…and wait for the other person to screw up). Proud of our ecosystem; it’s been only a few weeks, and she’s very analytically minded, knows how to drive action, team loves her. Fantastic add to our leadership squad.
- Bounty Program Launches. Collecting requests, structuring bounties, launching to community, pay outs, etc. This is a very complex process that we’re on top of and are getting better and better at. We’re starting to hand more and more of this off to the community which will feed the dividends of scaling the organization.
- Treasury. We continue to fund the evolution of the business largely off treasury management. We have fully structured the Treasury Committee and [Exec] is doing a great job ensuring assets are managed well. Yes, we have continued recommendation shifts each board meeting – the space is moving fast, we are learning, and we have to be comfortable with some adaptation along with it.
- The Achievement of the Uniswap Governance Pitch. Hard to put into green without winning it, but close… probably tennis ball-yellow. We recently adapted our values to include “achieve”, which is not solely about ‘success’. We achieved: we transformed Flipside’s identity, helped drive the industry forward, inspired ourselves and set ourselves up for several great customer outcomes [including another go at Uni should we want that].
- Community. Discord and our community of rabid analysts continues to grow, nearing the 3,000 mark. It’s still small but growing well and we have strong metrics supporting their activity levels.
- [2 Executives]. Both are moving more and more into non-managerial roles, focusing on their leadership and specific areas of expertise. This is healthy for the business as they are not ‘trained’ managers, and while they’ve grown well, the team requires more managerial oversight. They both are enthused to get back to ‘building and leading’ vs. ‘managing’; this has been a work in progress with our exec coach, Bob Radin.