Automated user feedback collection at Reforge
As a part of the paid conversion analysis, we analyzed our funnel and didn’t find anything broken in terms of the experience and our baseline metrics. The fundamental takeaway was that we saw a weakening in our conversion metrics across all segments and observed new behavior starting in April. The next logical step was to perform a qualitative analysis of feedback from users to understand what was driving the change in behavior. This document outlines the technical process we used to perform this qualitative analysis on the accepted applicants from April 2022.
Our goal was to speak to a very targeted audience of people that demonstrated net new behavior (lower conversion rate from accepted applicant to paid customer). That audience was people who submitted an application in April 2022, were accepted, and hadn’t yet paid for Reforge by May 2022.
This is the outline of the process we followed:
- Populated a list of accepted applicants from April 2022
- Populated a list of accepted applicants that have converted to paid (so we don’t survey them)
- Created a mechanism to email these users
- Zapier sent out personalized emails through my Gmail account
- Emailed back and forth with people about their feedback